Primo Outdoor Living’s 1 Year Limited Workmanship Warranty On Concrete
At Primo Outdoor Living, all concrete work will be completed in a substantial workmanlike manner according to standard practices. We work very closely with our concrete producer and material suppliers to provide you with the highest quality project. We take great pride in our work and will do everything we can to satisfy you as a customer. However, all of our concrete work is created by humans and even under the closest supervision possible, small imperfections can and will be expected. Despite the skills of our workmanship, the quality of our materials and the strength and durability of concrete, our product is not without its inherent flaws. The information that follows provides some of the common issues that you can expect when working with concrete and provides suggestions on customer care and usage. If we are presented with an issue that exceeds the regular industry standard, we may repair or replace, as determined at the sole discretion of Primo Outdoor Living. Notice is given that all repairs are promised to return the subject to its as built integrity – not to its as-built appearance. No warranty is expressed/implied regarding the cosmetics of the repair. The subject’s appearance will be considered secondary to its long-term functionality and durability.
Concrete can be damaged by many factors beyond Primo Outdoor Living’s control. Damage from wear and tear, de-icers, chemicals, equipment, extreme drought, vehicles and other things are out of Primo Outdoor Living’s control and are not covered by this Limited Workmanship Warranty. Primo Outdoor Living is not liable for repair conditions caused by misuse or abuse, ground settlement, extreme drought, winter conditions, accidents or acts of God.
This warranty does not apply to, and is waived by the homeowner as to, any construction work that has been subjected to an accident, misuse and/or abuse, nor does it apply to any construction work that has been modified, altered, defaced, and/or had repairs made/attempted by the homeowner or others.
This Limited Workmanship Warranty expires one year from the date of completion of the project.
- Concrete is going to crack. That is an inherent quality and the nature of all concrete. The degree of cracked concrete is what defines this warranty. All cracks less than 3/4 of an inch in height or gap are considered an allowable tolerance and are normal
Settling & Shifting
Concrete is going to settle and shift. No matter how well we compact the soil, settlement of concrete slabs is going to occur. Due to our inability to control soils, we do not warrant for shifting & settling.
Flaking & Popping
Concrete is going to flake and pop. Weathering may cause a stone or stone(s) to become exposed, but this does not compromise the integrity of the slab. All flaking and popping that covers less than 20% of the surface of the slab is considered normal in the concrete construction industry.
Every concrete mix design is different. We cannot match the color of any existing concrete mix design exactly. We do not warrant that any of our work will match the existing product.
- Do not drive on new concrete for at least seven (7) days.
- Do not use abrasive cleaners, muriatic acid, de-icing chemicals, or salt on concrete, as this causes a chemical reaction at the surface of the slab.
- Do not park vehicles or equipment on top of slabs that exceed the weight of a normal vehicle (4,000lbs), unless approved by concrete contractor.
- Do not allow water to drain beneath the concrete slab, as this can cause settlement cracking.
The Principles Of Our One Year Limited Workmanship Warranty
- Primo Outdoor Living’s standard for repair or replacement of cracked concrete is 3/4 of an inch or larger. We may warrant cracks that exceed 3/4 of an inch of larger in height or gap.
Flaked Or Popped Concrete:
The industry standard for repair or replacement of flaked or popped concrete is 20% or more of the concrete slab. We may warrant flaking or popping of the slab if 20% or more of the slab is flaking or popping.
Primo Outdoor Living Painting 2 Year Warranty
Primo Outdoor Living warrants to the property owner that any painting procedures performed will be free from workmanship defects for a period of 2 years from the date of completion. Any carpentry work performed on removed and reinstalled products are warranted for a period of 6 months.
This workmanship guarantee covers defects due to workmanship only. This guarantee does not cover any settling cracks or acts of God. The guarantee is applicable to all vertical surfaces and non-metal painted areas.
In the event of workmanship defect or product defect, please contact our office by phone (936) 588-8137, or by email to Primo@PrimoOutdoorLiving.com when you first experience a problem. Immediate contact is extremely important and may prevent further damage. Please give a detailed description of the defect, if possible. The warranty statements contained in this certificate set forth the only express warranties extended by Primo Outdoor Living for the workmanship/warranty work. Any extensions made by a representative of the company must be in writing.
Subject to the limitations set forth below, for a period of 24 months from the date of completion of the work, Primo Outdoor Living (the “Contractor) will repair peeling, blistering, or chipping paint resulting from defective workmanship.
The following are some further details about our limited warranty stipulations.
This limited warranty DOES NOT COVER:
- Work not performed by the Contractor.
- Work for which the Contractor did not supply the paint or other materials.
- Varnished surfaces.
- Surfaces made of, or containing, galvanized metal.
- Repairs to the horizontal surfaces or any surfaces that, by virtue of their design, permits moisture to collect. Surfaces include, but are not limited to: decks, railings, stairs, porches, roofs, and wood gutters.
- Exact paint match, as environmental conditions will affect the color and finish of all paints over time.
- Any repairs which are necessitated as a result of a defect in the paint regardless of whether the paint was supplied by the Contractor or the customer.
- Bleeding caused by knots, rust or cedar.
- Cracks in drywall, plaster, or wood.
- Peeling, blistering or chipping where they are caused by:
- Mill-glazing from smooth cedar
- Ordinary wear and tear
- Abnormal use or misuse
- Peeling of layers of paint existing prior to the work performed by the Contractor
- Structural defects
- Settling or movement
- Moisture content of the substrate
- Abrasion, mechanical damage, abrasive cleaning, abuse, or damage resulting from use of chemicals or cleaning agents or exposure to harmful solids, liquids or gases.
Repairs under this limited warranty will be performed only on the specific areas where peeling, blistering, or chipping has occurred and only to the level of surface preparation.
For this warranty to be valid, you must:
- Pay the full contract price.
- Retain a copy of the original contract.
- Make the property accessible to the Contractor, or his employees, to perform the repairs.